Here at CoCoCare we pride ourselves on helping people develop their personal and social skills, and now we can accredit their achievements with a Gateway qualification.
Gateway qualifications are inclusive and suitable for all abilities from Entry Level to Level 2.
Customers build a portfolio to show evidence of their achievements. Their portfolio could include products they have made (diaries, mind maps, lists, completed worksheets, leaflets and posters or craft items), as well as photographs, videos or audio recordings and reports and statements by staff and other expert witnesses of their successes and achievements.
Gateway progression qualifications offer imaginative ways of supporting people in …
- becoming confident individuals who are physically, emotionally and socially healthy
- being responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society and embrace change
- managing risk together with their own well-being
- trying new activities and embracing personal challenges.
- Communication skills for group and teamwork
- Developing skills for a healthy lifestyle
- Introduction to road safety
- Living in the community
- Family relationships
- Food, drink and cooking
- General skills for independent living
- Health and hygiene
- Individual rights and responsibilities
Units can be combined with those gained in Employability to achieve a Certificate or Diploma in Progression.