Today illustrators use pixels as well as paint. Photographers alter their images on screen. Graphic designers design their logos and leaflets on a computer.
We too can use computer software to make art – we can draw, we can combine photographs and text, and we can make fun images quickly and easily to use in lots of different ways.
We use digital art to design:-
- Really professional posters and leaflets
- Printed t-shirts we can wear!
- CD covers
- Newsletters, comics and magazines
- Digital animations
- Illustrations for CoCoCare’s own website and blog
- Computer games using the excellent Stencyl
The digital art workshops include lots of practical, hands-on activities, alongside demonstrations, worksheets and handouts.
We use digital cameras, a printer and a scanner and improve our mouse and keyboard skills too. And of course we also learn how to use the internet and computer equipment safely.